Bi-monthly learning & development spaces provide members with an opportunity to share their own skills and expertise or learn something new
The focus of the programme is on professional development for business owners and their people—often in response to topical or significant areas of development for business.
- Promoting and marketing business
- Enhancing business skills and knowledge
- Helping to improve your systems and processes
- Identifying opportunities to be a good employer and providing a safe environment for staff and customers
- Providing an opportunity to network and learn with like-minded people
- Using specialist/expert guest presenters
- Tapping into support, knowledge and experience to help grow business
Keynote presenters and speakers
We source experienced presenters and speakers for our learning and development sessions to deliver the best possible content for attendees.
Most sessions require an attendance fee to cover costs, which varies depending on whether you are a Chamber Member or not. For some sessions, Members can attend for free. Costs are kept as lean as possible to ensure our events are accessible for all.
(All paying events will operate a full refund seven days before any event and no refund thereafter with substitutions welcomed. No-shows will be invoiced if a fee is required yet not paid for some reason.)
L&D exhibitor opportunities
There are opportunities for any business to have an exhibitor or promotional site at any learning and development event. Any exhibitor needs to align with the topic or message being delivered by the presenter/speaker. The cost for a site is $50 + GST. To find out more about having an Exhibitor Site at any L&D event, please email – [email protected]
Presenter/speaker expression of interest
We welcome enquiries from potential speakers and presenters wishing to be part of the Kapiti Chamber L&D programme. Please email – [email protected] with your proposal and professional bio outlining:
- Business name and profile
- What subjects/content are on offer
- Snapshot of previous training and audiences
- LinkedIn, Facebook and website details
- Referees from previous training sessions
- Any fee expectation, noting the Kapiti Chamber usually operates on the basis of presenters giving their time in return for brand promotion and a list of attendees being provided at the conclusion of the event.
The Training Events Sub-committee will work through any proposal using the following selection criteria:
- Be a fully paid Chamber Member or member of another professional body
- Be clear on keynote vs workshop and any fee requirement
- Referee-checked by Chamber Events Committee with questions including:
- Presented keynote or workshop?
- How many people did they present to?
- Topic and purpose?
- What was the level of engagement or buzz in the room?
- Would they use the presenter again?
- Evaluation summaries if available.
4. Final approval by the Kapiti Chamber Board on recommendation from the Events Committee