WREDA Briefing 28-02-18
Wed 28 Feb, 2018 - 5:30pm
WREDA Briefing for ALL Kapiti Businesses
The Kapiti Chamber of Commerce invites Members and Non Members to this Briefing.
Date: Wed 28 Feb 2018
Time: 5.30pm to 7pm
Cost: Members Free – Non Members $10 (GUEST PASSES cannot be used at this event)
Location: Coastlands Kapiti Sports Turf & Pavilion, Paraparaumu
What does the Wellington Regional Economic Development Agency (WREDA) do and how is it relevant to Kapiti businesses?
WREDA is partnering with the Kapiti Chamber to bring you an Information Evening and Q&A discussion. Topics will cover WREDA’s vision for the wider Wellington region, business units and programmes of work, and current/future opportunities to engage further with the Kapiti business community.
WREDA staff look forward to joining the Kapiti business community to hear how they can better help to support growth of individual businesses and the wider Kapiti economy. After this briefing YOU will walk away having heard more about WREDA, including:
- Company structure (funded model, 80%WCC and 20% WRC) – presented by David Perks.
- Goals, Vision Statement and 2017/18 Big 6 – presented by David Perks.
- Work & focus of each business unit – presented by David Perks.
- The Regional Business Partners Programme – presented by Matt Carrere & Michelle McCarthy.
- Current Kapiti engagement with KCDC, Kapiti Chamber, tourism and businesses – presented by David Perks & Matt Carrere.
All Kapiti individuals or organisations interested in growing their business, in tourism or the Kapiti region’s future economic growth generally are welcome to attend this WREDA Briefing. There will be plenty of time to ask questions so if you want to be in the know, join us.
The Q&A discussion will focus on:
- How can WREDA better support Kapiti businesses or tourism?
- What do you expect from WREDA?
- What initiatives would you like WREDA to be involved in?
WREDA is the economic development agency for the wider Wellington region including Wellington City, Porirua, Kapiti, Lower Hutt, Upper Hutt and the Wairarapa. It is owned by Wellington City Council (WCC) and Greater Wellington Regional Council (GRWC) on behalf of the region.
WREDA’s purpose is to fuel the growth of Wellington’s prosperity, with the vision to be ‘the most prosperous, vibrant and liveable region in Australasia by 2025.’ To achieve this, WREDA has four key areas of focus: Destination and marketing; Venues management; Business growth and innovation; Events and Partnerships.