Funding Available – consider applying!
There is still almost $2 million of funding available to businesses in the Greater Wellington region.. and it’s highly likely you and your biz qualify…
- The fund is specifically designed to connect businesses with providers of strategic advice – $5000 is a considerable amount for this
- You will receive a voucher for the funding but you have 6 months in which to use it
- Funding is open to existing businesses from sole traders to employers of up to 99 FTEs
- All you need to apply is your GST and New Zealand Business Number (www.nzbn.govt.nz) – <do you know you can apply for GST if you expect to earn above the threshold but don’t yet?>
- Many businesses are receiving their funding voucher within 72 hours
- The acceptance criteria is very broad and there is no requirement to report back on results
- Tourism providers can apply to both the main fund AND the tourism funds – making up to $10,000 available to them
The process is simple:
- Register with the Regional Business Partner Network here: https://app.regionalbusinesspartners.co.nz/Business/SelfRegister
- You will receive an email with a link provide a bit more detailed information and to book a call with a WellingtonNZ team member
- The WellingtonNZ team will match you with the best provider in Kāpiti for your business needs. Click here for a list of Kāpiti service providers.
The recommendation is to think longer term. In 6 months’ time we will be heading into winter and it will look very different to the same time last year. Apply and start the process – if you don’t use it you haven’t lost anything.
Examples of types of activities that have been funded:
- Marketing strategy advice
- How to pivot your business
- Business health – what is working well and what could be improved or is being missed
- Cash flow forecasting and financial advice
- Digital strategies – how to best use them for your business
- HR planning in the short term and longer term
- Contingency planning – what to do if we lock down again
- Health and wellbeing of staff
More information can be found here: www.wellingtonnz.com/business/covid-19-funding-for-business-support