A growing Kāpiti which is creating wealth & employment
A strong collective voice for business in Kāpiti
Professional, Engaging, Local, Connected, Supportive
To work towards achieving the the Kāpiti Chamber's Vision, the following four objectives have been set:
- Providing tools & resources to improve capability.
- Forming strategic partnerships for the benefit of business and the community.
- Strong advocacy on behalf of the business community.
- Build and maintain a sustainable Chamber.
Meet the Kāpiti Coast Chamber Board
The Kāpiti Coast Chamber Board is made up of members who volunteer their time. They are dedicated to representing the Chamber through projects, and improving business to business communication with our members, other businesses, and stakeholders within the Kāpiti District and Wellington Region.
Elected Board Members
Chair: Heather Hutchings
Deputy Chair: Julene Hope
Secretary: Brett Percival
Treasurer: Ian Fenwick
From left: Keith Wood, Richard Mansell, Jane Stevenson, Ian Fenwick, Bernard Parker, Mayor K Gurunathan Front: Julene Hope, Heather Hutchings
Kāpiti Coast Chamber Profile
In November 2004, the Members of Kāpiti Business Incorporated resolved to become a full Chamber of Commerce and in February 2005, the New Zealand Chambers of Commerce and Industry welcomed the Kāpiti Coast Chamber as its newest member.
Kāpiti Coast is one of the fastest growing areas in New Zealand, and yet some 6,000 of its residents commute daily to the Hutt Valley and Wellington City to work. Our aim is to encourage and support integrated business growth that creates wealth and employment in Kāpiti. This means that our citizens have the choice of working in the district, and help to make Kāpiti more self-sufficient.
While we work alongside the Kapiti Coast District Council and other related organisations, we are entirely independent of those organisations in order to be able to promote or lobby our members’ views on local issues without any suggestion of vested interests.
The Kāpiti Chamber has a membership of 300, representing a cross section of the business community from small sole traders through to some of the district’s biggest employers. Our voluntary Management Board produces regular newsletters, organises forums and projects on matters of local and national interest to our members, and arranges a variety of networking events during the year.
Chamber at a Regional Level
A Chamber of Commerce is a coalition of area businesses, industries, organisations, and professionals who pool their talents and resources to improve the social, economic, environmental and cultural well-being of their community.
Businesses and organisations are eligible to belong to the Chamber of Commerce. Membership fees are structured so that even the smallest business can be a member. The Chamber is an advocate and service organisation for business. It provides a venue through which business professionals can effectively help the progress and growth of their communities.
As a Chamber Member:
- You become part of an organisation with a strong credible voice that speaks out on behalf of business and industry.
- It allows you to shape your community by participating in areas that apply business-oriented solutions to community concerns.
- You have access to one of the most efficient, effective networking systems available to promote your business and expand your customer base.
- Your local Chamber works tirelessly to promote members and can provide you with resources and referrals to grow your business.
- Your membership can boost your community image and increase your sales.