The Kapiti Chamber has established a Training after 5 programme (TA5) that is planned and run by a training subcommittee of the Chamber Board. TA5's are held bi-monthly on a Wednesday from 5.30pm to 7.00pm with a focus on professional development for business owners and their staff.
Each TA5 is presented by an expert in their field. There is a charge to attend to cover costs with a differential fee structure for members and non members.
All paying events will operate a full refund seven days before any event and no refund thereafter with substitutions welcomed. No shows will be invoiced if a fee is required yet not paid for some reason.
TA5 has been designed to help local business owners by:
- Promoting and marketing your business
- Enhancing your business skills and knowledge
- Helping to improve your systems and processes
- Opportunities to be a good employer and providing a safe environment for staff and customers
- Providing an opportunity to network and learn with like-minded people
- Use of specialist guest presenters
- Tapping into support, knowledge and experience to help grow your business
- Expression of interest received by Chamber Events Committee
- Professional Bio provided outlining:
- Business name and profile
- What subjects/content they offer
- Snapshot of previous training and audiences’
- LinkedIn, Facebook and web site details
- Referees from previous training sessions
- Be a fully paid Chamber member or member of another professional body
- Be clear on keynote vs workshop
- Referee checked by Chamber Events Committee with questions including:
- Presented keynote or workshop?
- How many people did they present too?
- Topic and purpose?
- What was the level of engagement or buzz in the room?
- Would they use the presenter again?
- Sight evaluation summaries if available.
4. Final approval by Board on recommendation from Chamber Events Committee
NOTE: For those who do not meet the above criteria they may be invited to present at a Brown Bag Lunch (BBL) or to have an exhibitor or promotional site at a TA5 event. There are also opportunities for any business to have an exhibitor or promotional site at a TA5. The cost for a site is $50 + GST. To enquire about a site please email the Kapiti Chamber Secretary.
If you have any training ideas or simply want to know more about TA5, contact the Chamber Secretary on firstname.lastname@example.org.